Zombies

Friday, September 14, 2007

My brain is too ravaged to blog tonight. Major sleep issues going on, still. I'm pretty sure it's because we are inconsistent and always just do "whatever works" to get him to sleep, whether it be walking or TV or a car ride or nursing. He needs the same thing every time to fall into a routine.

I remember someone telling me with Sawyer to put him down for a nap after he has been awake for two hours, even if he didn't seem tired. And it worked with him. So we will be starting that tomorrow, equipped with the Ocean Wonders Aquarium that I will steal from my mom's house.

I would give my left ovary for him to be able to put himself to sleep. This stuff is torture. I can handle the night wakings, but the never-ending battle to actually go to sleep in the first place? Six months of that is quite enough, thanks. I'll have a break now, please.

I will be sparse around these parts for the next few days. But with good reason! DH's grandparents from Texas are coming to visit us for the first time and I am stoked. The last time they saw Sawyer, he was 9 months old, which obviously means they haven't met Beckett at all. So tomorrow will be spent battling the sleep monster and disguising my house to make it look like wild boars don't actually live and breed here. If I don't come back in five days, you can be pretty sure a closet swallowed me.

Blogged by Making A Modern Family at 9:59 PM  

4 comments:

Melban said...

I'm with you on the ravaged brains too. I say we goto sleep early(er) tonight. I can't wait for my grandparents to come but I'm sure not looking forward to cleaning bathrooms. Lets just tell them to go use the neighbor's whom we don't know.

Fri Sep 14, 10:12:00 PM EDT

 
Keri said...

That will be great for them to visit!! :) Don't worry Nese has seen my house in shambles and tells me every time to not worry because I have babies to take care of!! :)

Sat Sep 15, 12:11:00 AM EDT

 
Melissa said...

LOL at wild boars.

Damn, I miss you. I need to get on AIM sometime so we can chatteh.

Sat Sep 15, 12:18:00 AM EDT

 
Katie said...

I hope the sleep issues resolve themselves quickly!

Thu Sep 27, 02:27:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment