All systems go!

Friday, September 7, 2007

I was getting increasingly nervous tonight about how things would go down tomorrow, worrying about how Applebee's respond to us and whether or not I would lose my mind and start talking in circles. So I decided to just go up there and talk to a manager tonight to get it over with. I should make it known that I absolutely LOATHE public speaking, giving speeches, and just speaking to new people in general. I avoided speech class in high school like a frog avoids a truck tire. So I was NOT looking forward to talking to this dude.

I sat in car and practiced a few times out loud, and almost put the car in gear and drove away. But I made myself get out of the car, go inside and ask for a manager. A big, burly guy, maybe early thirties, came over. I introduced myself and like I had hoped and prayed, the words just flowed out and I knew exactly what to say. I gave him our press kit and confirmed a location for us to assemble. He was very positive and seemed to support what we are doing. I was so excited when the conversation was over that I totally forgot I had wanted to order dinner.

On the way out to the car, I actually squealed. Yes, complete with a little leap into the air and some fist-pumping action.

The signs are made and everything else is ready to go. Time to get hippy-fied.



Blogged by Making A Modern Family at 11:41 PM  

2 comments:

Melban said...

I'm so proud of you. It's great to see you go after something you care so mucha bout. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Fri Sep 07, 11:53:00 PM EDT

 
Unknown said...

Those signs are awesome, I'm so excited to hear about how it goes!

Sat Sep 08, 10:54:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment