Just another day in paradise

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I am slowly making my way through my customs list. Today I finished a scrumptious minkee blankie set for a friend's son. Tonight I think I'm going to cut squares for a custom quilt and finish a diaper wallet, and tomorrow I'll embroider a big stack of fleece I have waiting to be made into loveys. Only... 15 left on the list. Gah.

I would have finished more today but Beckett decided he needed to be attached to my hip or he would die. It's a little difficult to run a sewing machine or a rotary cutter with a 22-pound growth protruding from one's hip. You know, the whole needing both hands thing. Any time I put him down he'd crawl after me and then do that silent cry with his mouth wide open like I'd told him I was giving him away to the Jehovah's Witnesses. I finally just gave up and help him most of the day.

However, I did manage to get both kids down for naps at the same time without a fuss, so score one for me. When they woke up, I was stir crazy so we headed out to the park across the street. Sawyer picked up some rocks and I let him bring them home. It was so neat to watch how he chose certain ones over others. As soon as I figure out how to do his nature table, I'll add them to it. I can't wait for the leaves to start falling so I can let him explore and collect some.

When we came back inside, I was in the office for a couple minutes and heard Sawyer climbing up onto a chair that I had left by the counter. I went out to catch him and was met with him holding an avocado that was missing a chunk, and green slime oozing from his mouth. This is hilarious to me because it opens up a whole new world of ways I can torment my children when they get older. Like spinach inside chocolate cupcakes. Much easier and more effective than Time Out. And funnier.

Since the skin was broken, I had to use the avocado right then, so I mashed some up for Beckett. We started bananas on Monday and he wasn't crazy about them, so I didn't have very high hopes for the green fruit. Well, you would have thought I was feeding him foot fungus the way he gagged and choked and spit out every bit of food and saliva from his mouth. After that, he shrieked any time I got the spoon within a foot of him, so I think I have my answer for avocados. We'll take a solids break tomorrow and this weekend I plan to buy a bunch of produce and cook everything up and freeze it. We can try something else on Saturday and maybe I'll find something he likes. Sawyer would eat anything, so of course we would get a picky eater this time around. One of them had to take after me.



I used the picture with his eyes closed, even though there were a few others featuring more face contortion. But it seems that DH is not capable of taking a picture without glaring red laser eyes. Speaking of DH, he's getting more creative. This morning was the next installment of Cheesy Love Notes, following the Starburst Message. When I sat down at my computer, I had ten emails in a row from him.

See?



The funny part was that when I looked in my trash, I could see that it had taken him about 15 tries to get it right. But still. I am spoiled.

He also blogs. You should read his blog. And be nice and comment. Because for every blog comment he gets, I lose an article of clothing. (Okay, not really, but isn't strip blogging a good idea? Especially since I don't know how to play poker.)

Blogged by Making A Modern Family at 9:11 PM  

3 comments:

Melban said...

I love how you refer to your DH as "not capable of taking a picture without glaring red laser eyes". It really shows off my total lack of picture taking skills. Good thing I've got a day job to fall back on.

As far as my love note, if at first you don't succeed.. try.. try.. try.. try.. ok you get the point.

And everyone please go comment on my blog, she has a limited amount of clothes on at the moment so I need to capitalize on it.

Thu Sep 20, 10:14:00 PM EDT

 
Unknown said...

I meant to say something in M07M, but that blanket is so beautiful. And the fact that it says Lucas makes me crave one just like it, haha.

I showed Derek the email thing and reminded him about the Starbursts and he just laughed and shook his head. Silly boys.

Fri Sep 21, 12:12:00 PM EDT

 
Katie said...

You sew beautiful blankets!

Thu Sep 27, 02:32:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment