Today's Sewing Project

Sunday, March 1, 2009

I needed a break from sewing the states quilt blocks, so I decided to do something completely different today. My friend Rachel made a cute tote bag for her little boy and it inspired me to make a bag. My current "purse" is actually more of a giant tote bag (it's this one) and for the little amount of things I actually carry (wallet, cell phone, camera) it's way too big. So I made this smaller one to carry this spring.

60:365

The straps were originally supposed to tie in a knot, but the fabric I used was too thick and the straps were too short, so I had to improvise and just stitch them together. The straps are still a little short for my liking.

DSC04452

It has a nifty little pocket inside that fits my cell phone perfectly though. I have a ton of this skully denim left (literally, like 4 yards). I think I need to make a diaper bag to match.

DSC04457

Blogged by Making A Modern Family at 5:27 PM  

3 comments:

Keisha said...

How crafty!! Good work. :)

Sun Mar 01, 08:03:00 PM EST

 
Rachel said...

So cute!! I love those fabrics togther. And I really like the shape of that.

I cannot wait until I can carry something smaller. I am still in the stage of diaper-wipes-bib-sippy-toys-randomweirdbabystuff (socks? orajel? toddler forks?) in my bag.

Sun Mar 01, 08:23:00 PM EST

 
Kristen said...

I love it! And the colors are great together.

Tue Mar 03, 02:54:00 AM EST

 

Post a Comment