Teething starting early?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

With pregnancy comes increasingly vivid and strange dreams for me. Last night? Avonlea was born with 12 teeth. Practically a full set. Adorable newborn baby, 8 lbs. 15 oz., light fluffy blonde hair, nice pearly set of chompers. Let me just say that I'm glad I don't feel pain in my dreams, because this baby did not know how to refrain from biting while nursing.

I woke up and went, "Phew, THAT was weird. Thank goodness that doesn't really happen. One or two teeth, maybe, but not 12." And then I Googled it.

Also in the same dream was a 48-hour labor. I'm thinking I'd rather have the toothed newborn.

Blogged by Making A Modern Family at 2:00 PM  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't know babies could be born with teeth?

Wed Mar 11, 04:53:00 PM EDT

 

Yes, I knew. I didn't realize they could be born with TWELVE teeth, though.

Wed Mar 11, 04:55:00 PM EDT

 
Rachel said...

That is a lot of teeth! My dad's cousin was born with 4, they pulled them and her teeth grew in again fine. So weird. I cannot imagine trying to nurse a newborn with teeth.

Wed Mar 11, 06:05:00 PM EDT

 

How weird! I can't even imagine - that woman was born with 12 teeth!!! Yikes!

Thu Mar 12, 12:26:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment