Happy Birthday, Big Man!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dear Beckett,

At exactly this time two years ago, you came swimming into the world in a pool in our bedroom. 8 pounds and 13 ounces of squishy cuteness, who would grow to be a high needs infant the complete opposite of your brother. We weren't prepared for the challenges we would face with a baby who never slept and was rarely content. But we managed, and all those sleepless night were well worth it.

20070323_0135

At age two, you are such an absolute joy to be around. One of the happiest toddlers I know and still a total mama's boy, much to my enjoyment. Nothing makes my day better like a cuddle from my chunky monkey, and there is no shortage of Beckett cuddles in this house.

You idolize your big brother and the contentment and pride I feel watching you mimic his every move is indescribable. You are best friends more often than not, and I am thankful a hundred times over every day that I was blessed with two boys so close in age. The only thing that will match that is seeing your baby sister look up to you the same way. You are going to be such a fabulous big brother. You did have a pretty good teacher, after all.

DSC04058

I can't believe it has been two years, baby boy. I still get choked up thinking back to the day you were born, and I will have just as many happy tears tonight when I watch you blow out your two candles. Thank you for giving me so many reasons to smile every day.

All the love my heart can manage,
Mama.

Blogged by Making A Modern Family at 4:30 PM  

2 comments:

Renee said...

He really has grown so fast.
Happy Birthday, Beckett!

Wed Mar 18, 10:29:00 PM EDT

 

I love the picture of your baby next to the monogrammed blanket - how precious!

Thu Mar 19, 12:54:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment