USA Quilt

Friday, February 27, 2009

After watching me work on the baby's quilt for so long (which by the way is FINISHED, I just need to take pictures), Sawyer proclaimed to me yesterday that he wanted me to make him a quilt with blue, green, yellow and orange in it. I started digging through my scraps and some fabric I've had laying around for at least two years caught my eye. I have this great Alexander Henry states and capitals fabric, as well as this map panel. I knew instantly I wanted to make him a quilt of the 50 states.

I was originally going to just do the panel on the front and the AH fabric on the back, but the cut I had was smaller than the panel. So instead, I decided to fussy cut each state and make a block to feature each one. Then I'll put the panel on the back. I absolutely LOVE how they are turning out so far. The blocks are so fun to make, too, since they're all different.

Here are a few of the blocks so far:

Texas quilt block

Arizona quilt block

Tennessee quilt block

I have all 50 states cut out, although I'm not sure if they will all make it onto the quilt. I'm going to try though.

states ready to be made into blocks

Blogged by Making A Modern Family at 9:57 AM  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just kill me with the Austin one, why don't you?

Fri Feb 27, 10:03:00 PM EST

 
Lyssa said...

This is going to be awesome! I can't wait till you post finished pics!

Wed Mar 04, 04:52:00 PM EST

 

Post a Comment