Recent Projects

Monday, May 4, 2009

I've been working on some things for Baby Avonlea over the past week or so - it hit me that HEY, I only have 8-12 weeks left before my world is rocked by a newborn! I need receiving blankets and diaper covers and all that other essential newborn stuff! Her nursery is still not finished but should be soon. Our neighborhood is having its bi-annual community garage sale next weekend and I'm hoping to find a dresser that I can paint and spiff up with some fabric decoupage and maybe a nice rocking chair. Other than that I need to paint her name letters, make her crib mobile, and hang some stuff on the walls. I better get cracking.

Receiving blankets:

DSC05467

DSC05472

Squishy soft minkee and thermal cupcake blankie:

DSC05490

DSC05487

And the first of many fleece soakers - I have plans for more to match some shirts she has, complete with embroidery on the bums.

DSC05473

Blogged by Making A Modern Family at 7:13 PM  

3 comments:

Samantha said...

you absolutely rock! you need to be my neighbor so i can buy all your goodies! LOVE all the things you make.

Sat May 09, 12:13:00 AM EDT

 

All this stuff is so adorable - I so wish I knew how to make this kind of stuff!

Mon May 11, 03:55:00 PM EDT

 
Sparrow said...

OK, just found your blog via Amanda's blog. Love the new baby sewing! Where do you live? I see 'Always in Stitches' mentioned...I'm in Noblesville!

Tue May 12, 12:34:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment